A scenario is a hypothetical way the future could develop and should be investigated and analysed. It is made up of a combination of projections belonging to two or more factors and described in detail.
Our scenario management process
- 1Scouting for weak signalsSearch and identify weak signals, trends or other information.
- 2Derive factorsUse various methods to guide the first possible factors.
- 3Environmental scanningCheck and add your factors with the environment scanning methods.
- 4Determine key factorsIdentify factors with the strongest impact and most uncertain development process.
- 5Create scenariosCreate scenarios through the combination of factors and projections.
- 6Analyse scenariosUse various methods such as backcasting to analyse scenarios and derive your results.
- 7Communicate resultsExport, share and publish your results with the click of a button.
What is Scenario Management?
In the scientific field of Futures Studies, one single future does not exist. Instead, it is assumed that there are several futures from which one will occur someday. By developing scenarios (“drafts” or “images” of the future), you mentally prepare for possible future events and minimize the risk of getting caught off guard. Our Scenario Management module not only allows users to create scenarios, it enables you to establish and maintain a whole scenario building process in your organization. Therefore, organizational resources of knowledge and insights can be easily integrated, connected and collaboratively analyzed.
The Foresight Strategy Cockpit Scenario management module
Our Scenario Module supports three established scenario-creating techniques. The module is completed by additional methods, such as Environmental Scanning, Mind Mapping and a fully automated report method to publish and export results.
Flexible scenario creation with no limits
In the Explorative Scenario Construction, users can create, edit and update factors with a few clicks. Within a factor, an unlimited amount of projections can be created. From these factor-projection-combinations detailed and differentiated scenarios can be designed.
Quick and simple: the four-axis scenario model
In the Alternative Scenario Construction two factors, each with two extreme projections (i.e. best and worst possible course) are set against each other in a matrix with four quadrants. Each factor-projection combination is described and thus, four scenarios are generated. The creation of a wild card as a fifth scenario is also possible.
Reliable scenarios through collaboration
The Consistency Analysis is a powerful tool for generating consistent and therefore, conclusive scenarios. The rating of consistencies can be done collaboratively - by all relevant members of your organization. The calculated scenarios are visualized either as clusters or in a two or three dimensional room.
- Import pre-existing factors from other projects
- Consistency Analysis
- Link scenarios with trends, ideas, and risks
- Manage, describe and edit scenarios
- Visualize scenario clusters
Our values in short
- Cooperative Scenario Management
- Recognize opportunities and risks to adapt your strategy
- Browser Add-on and App for faster integration of relevant pieces of information
- Automated Reporting functions for fast communication
- Fully supported and trained by our Foresight experts
- All-in-one Foresight platform for unlimited users
- Modular and web-based system
- Combines qualitative and quantitative data
- Various data visualizations
- Real-time data and expert integration
- Online team collaboration
- State-of-the-art technology and security standards
- Supports teams of futurists and scouts for future knowledge aggregation
Overview of all Methods
You can download a complete list of our methods here.
- Reduce the amount of coordination and programs needed to manage trends and signals to a single software solution. Through a holistic aggregation of internal information, external expert knowledge and data-driven insights, every unit can collectively contribute to the assessment of relevant trends and their developments.